Saturday, November 16, 2013

Visions Art Museum

I went down to San Diego last week to see the new exhibit at Visions Art Museum  http://www.quiltvisions.org.  The exhibit is called "Recent Acquisitions from The Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection", and I had a personal interest because my quilt "Gravida" is in the show.



When I arrived, Del was just finishing up a tour for a group of retired home economics teachers, and it was fun to watch them ooh and ahh over this beautiful collection.  Del and I went to lunch, then I got my own personal tour. It's so much fun to listen to Del talk about the artwork she has collected.  She seems to know all sorts of interesting things about the artists and their style of work. One of the things I enjoyed most was looking at the collection of Ruth McDowell art  http://www.ruthbmcdowell.com and seeing how her work has changed over the years.

Del Thomas is such a treasure to the art quilt world, we all benefit from her support of our work.

No comments: