Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rayna day 2

Today was the second day of a 5 day class with Rayna and the pictures tell the story. This first piece was made by Pam Klebaum http://pamprice.blogspot.com/ and she tells the story on her blog of using Elmers washable school glue gel to make this screen. I agree with Pam it has Frank Lloyd Wright overtones.
This piece below was made by my friend Florence.


I don't think Florence would mind my saying she works along quietly at her space and produces the most amazing things. When she shows up to our monthly meetings and pulls a little something out of her bag, we all hold our breath.

I'm not sure who did this, but I love the colors. It was done using masking tape on a screen.





And this piece has a bit of history. The artist's name is Sue and she lives in Santa Barbara and had a house burn down in a fire last year. She saved a piece of her old door, clamped it to the table a screened several pieces from the remains. I hope it becomes a series.






1 comment:

Rayna said...

Yikes, Karen - your pix aren't showing up tonight either. Must be something wrong with Blogger.