I finished this piece several days ago, and thought, I'll just mount this with a piece of black fabric behind it and be on my way. Wrong. It looked horrible with black fabric behind it. I began to search my stash for the appropriate piece and could not for the life of me figure out what it needed. I tried matching the fabric in the piece, I tried grey, I tried brown, nothing worked. I ended up getting out my dyes and I dyed 4 different backgrond pieces, Nothing. Then I started overdying. My friend Paula http://blog.paulachung.com./ is a master overdyer as you can see from the backgrounds of her pieces. I dyed this background four different times and each time it became richer and richer. When I held this piece up against it I knew it was perfect.