Monday, July 6, 2009

Black and Yellow


I got the idea for this piece in Rayna's class but didn't end up using any of the fabric I made in the class. I had been messing around with some yellow fabric, and when I came home I started using some bleach and some overdyeing on black, and then I found a piece of silk I had that was the exact shade of yellow I needed, so I painted some black on it. The whole piece kind of came out of nowhere, and once I had the initial design done, it sat on my wall for several days. I liked it so much I was afraid to do anything else to it, but now I think I will start some stitching. I did some rows of machine stitching to the right of the big yellow part just to see if made any difference, and it does when you are close to it. So now I'm back to studying it, afraid to do anything else, but I will probably add some hand stitching somewhere.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Françoise said...

Lovely!

Linda B. said...

Isn't it the hardest part when you like something you've put together, to risk losing it all??? I'm trying to convince myself that the sooner I commit the sooner i learn the truth, instead of leaving things, then leaving them some more.

How about some big stitching, in black (!) over the yellow areas, echoing the line of the light (discharged?) curves near the top of this lovely piece.

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

I like the looseness of it.

Rayna said...

Another winner.

Loris Bogue said...

I love the abstract quality of it...