Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Taos Cemetary

I am leaving my pain piece on my design wall and moving back into my comfort zone of small pieces with lots of handwork. This piece started from a photo I took at a cemetary in Taos, New Mexico. It was so haunting in black and white, that I ended up printing it out on organza, cutting it up and using a deconstructed screenprint for the background. I added some cheesecloth and more organza, and lots of handstitching. I'm not done yet, but when I am, I want to try mounting it in a way I read about on Elizabeth Barton's blog http://elizabethbarton.blogspot.com/. I would like the finished piece to be stitched right to the edge of a finished canvas, maybe painting the sides a brown or something.
I'll post a picture when I'm done, and we can all see how successful I am. In the mean time, I'm not letting go of the pain!

No comments: