Tuesday, September 11, 2007

12X12

I have been asked by my friend Diane to join 11 other fiber artists in a new group called 12x12. We will be doing a small challange piece every other month, with each of us taking turns choosing a theme. Some of us will be keeping a sketchbook/journal to document our progress, others are working more spontaneously. Hopefully at the end of a year we will have enough pieces to exhibit somewhere. The first challange is the word dandelion!
I enjoy challanges because they take me out of my comfort zone, I'm made to do something I wouldn't have chosen otherwise. I really am not sure what I want to do here, but I'm thinking of some screenprinting, or maybe some fused interfacing and cheesecloth. It's amazing to me how someone can come up with a word like that, drop it into the middle of a group, and now that's all we think about!

No comments: