Monday, July 4, 2016

Loss and Anger

The Angry Truth is the working title of my newest piece in the Loss Series.


One of the common emotions when you lose someone is anger. Anger at the person you lost, anger at family, your friends, caregivers, anger at yourself. It can come from a feeling of helplessness for the pain you're having,  feeling fear at what your future will be like without them, frustration that you are unable to change things, and then guilt for feeling angry.


I know it's normal, part of the grieving process, something we have to go through, but that doesn't make it any easier.


I've witnessed this deep, visceral anger, and while making this piece I thought about all the times I've seen it


Making angry art is really difficult. Putting myself in the place of those who have suffered deep loss feels fake. I can only look at it from the outside

No comments: