Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year, Old Resolutions

I'm not much for making New Years resolutions, for me it's a set up for failure, as I instantly feel pressured to do something, even if I like doing it.


I already exercise, but being the lazy people that we are, my husband and I have a trainer, Brian,



who comes to our house and takes us for a walk three times a week.  He does a lot of bone density training for me, and balance training for Ted. I'm not showing you the front of Brian on purpose, because he is definite eye candy and I don't want you swooning. We've been doing this for four years now so it's not a resolution, just a continuation.



One thing I did start shortly after the New Year is a class called Pen, Ink and Watercolor through Crafty  http://www.craftsy.com/classes/fine-art?_ct=wberqbdql-sbqiiui. You might think this is a resolution, but actually it was a sale that attracted me in the first place.  I'm hoping this class will improve my focus on lines.  I'm into a black and white phase right now and want to let the lines do the talking.  This is a sample I made for some pieces I'm working on interpreting MRA's  (Magnetic Resonance Angiograms).


I do have a few pieces of completed or almost completed work.  This is the replacement I made for the Gravida piece that sold.  This is called Gravida 2, Para 1.


So, no resolutions, just a continuance of what I have been doing, since it seems to be working for me.

This week we are going up to San Jose Quilt Museum to see the Fiberart International 2013 exhibit, then on to the De Young in San Francisco to see David Hockney. Lots of inspiration coming my way.

No comments: