Thursday, January 24, 2013

Resolutions


I am not one for New Years Resolutions, but I've been reading a lot of blogs where people are picking focus words, or introducing new practices to their daily life.  I started paying attention to what my studio rhythm is and noticed I"m a lot happier when I have more than one project going on at a time.



I like stitching something mindlessly, such as the piece above, which was already pinned in place and just needed to be straight stitched,


I like to stitch with intention, making decisions as I go along,


all the while glancing at my design wall, making small changes then thinking about them while I'm working on the other projects.
Occasionally I'm only working on one project and that is torture for me, because my mind wants the distraction of something else.  I tend to make bad decisions when that happens.

1 comment:

Sue Dennis said...

Hi Karen, nice to catch up on what you have been up to. Didn't realise you had seen the eclipse in the Pacific- amazing photos.