I've been neglecting my blog, but not my work lately. I finished 2 new pieces using the shrinking wool batting method. The first one is called Dry Season and mounted on a piece of canvas to make the finished size 16 x 20. I used the C. June Barnes method of stitching the layers of fabric with a wool batting, dyeing it, then washing it in hot water to shrink the wool. It has some hand stitching in it.
This second one is called Beneath the Bridge and it's slightly larger, at 18 x 24.
I like making these, they are somewhat unpredictable, but you do have control of most of it.
On the home fronts, our son has moved back for 3 months to save up money to travel to Australia. I'm undecided if this is good news or not, as he is leaving college 14 units shy of his BA in English, on the other hand, he is unattached, has few responsibilities and maybe this is the perfect time to travel. He left college on a good note, making sure if he enrolls next year he doesn't lose his seniority, and the ticket has been purchased, so I guess it's a done deal.
I have been having trouble with my left heel, plantar fasciatis and now a broken heel spur, so I'm having a little minor surgery to do some repair work next Tuesday. I will have a soft cast for a month, then hopefully I'll be back to normal. I have lots of handstitching that is calling out to me, so this should be the time to catch up