Sunday, May 30, 2010

Off to Korea


We are leaving tomorrow morning for Korea and Kyoto, and I'm hoping to blog every couple of days with lots of pictures.  In the meantime, here are some photos of my cement floor, soon to be covered with wood.  I think they would make interesting thermofax screens.
Or even design ideas for a future piece of art.


This one below is a picture of the new limestone countertop and 2 of the glass tiles Ted made.


















And a closeup of one of the tiles











6 comments:

Terry Grant said...

Have a wonderful trip. I know this will be so special for your son. The glass tiles are incredible. What a great one-of-a-kind feature in your home.

Diana Parkes said...

Am looking forward to your reports and photos from your travels. Hope all goes well. I agree about your floor; art is everywhere! The tiles are beautiful.

Brenda Gael Smith said...

Travel safe (and curious!)

How special to have your very own custom-made tiles incorporated into your home.ingedusk

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

The countertop is very very nice, and I see why you filpped out over it. I like the fact that you set Ted's tiles on point. They are just super. Yes, thermofax screens of concrete, yes! Good luck to you all.

Gerrie said...

Lovely stuff! I do love the limestone and the tiles are fantastic. Kudos to Ted.

Françoise said...

Beautiful tiles.
Have a nice trip. I'll keep an eye on your blog to see your photos.