Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Demolition Series 1

Dinner at Eight Artists presents Beneath the Surface, a special exhibit at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach, CA  - July 22-25th at the Long Beach Convention Center. Sponsored by Moore's Sewing Centers and Brother International and the Dinner at Eight blog http://dinnerateightartists.blogspot.com/



For the second year in a row,  I was invited to participate in the Dinner at Eight challenge.  This year the theme is "Beneath the Surface" and I decided to interpret this as what goes on during a remodel.  I took lots of photos of the demolition process and have started a series interpreting what I saw. Shockingly (not), I had lots of deconstructed screenprinted pieces that have worked out great for this series.  I've made three smaller pieces, mounted on canvas, and just bought 3 more canvases, 12 x 36 to try a tryptic.


5 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love the colors in this!! I am going to have to come down to Long Beach for the show.

Deborah Boschert said...

Stunning! I just love it. Congratulations. Aren't we in great company?!

Judy said...

Great piece Karen! Love the way you used the organza!

xo

Terry said...

This is wonderful, Karen. Every one I have seen so far is so different one from the other. It should be a very interesting show!

Diane said...

Gorgeous, Karen. It has a wonderful energy -- organized and chaotic at the same time -- much like construction, I guess! Wonderful, congrats!