Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lifeline

My latest piece, tentatively titled "Lifeline" is up on my design wall. It will have a black border, and I'm not sure if I will mount it on canvas, because it is not the size of a standard canvas. I'm continuing to think about my dad and this made this with his life in mind, although it could be about anybody. Someone suggested I use a brighter color in the embroidery stitch running through it, and if you look at it from this distance you might agree, but I want people to get close to it to see the stitching. Click for a close up and tell me what you think.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

This is so textural and full of feeling for a piece without much color. The stitching is right on.

Terry Grant said...

I think is is beautiful and intriguing. A brighter colored stitched line just wouldn't be right!

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Mount on black canvas, making that the border? Astounding piece, full of emotion.

Karoda said...

karen, i agree about it being full of emotion...heavy at that. if you do decide to add more stitching, consider more shades of black and grays.

Judy Rys said...

I love it the way it is, it's very mysterious. Bright stitching would become the focal point and I don't think that's what you're after.