Friday, September 26, 2008

Number 5

I've finished number 5 out of 6 on the linen napkins, and I've added some stripes. The yellow stripes on the right side are from a previous deconstructed piece and the color is perfect.

I've also made the decision on how to frame these. They didn't work as a group, I think there is just to much going on, so I decided to frame them seperately. I used black burlap on a stretched canvas frame and the burlap seems to give them depth.


Don't forget our next Twelve by Twelve reveal is on Wed. Oct. 1st. Just click on the 12 x 12 sidebar to see what we are all up to. and find out what the next theme is. I'm off to Ohio for a workshop with Claire Benn and Leslie Morgan at Nancy Crow's Barn for a week.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

They look great. I think the linen and burlap is a great combination.

I wasn't sure when the 1st is!! I am not on a calendar this week. I have more time than I thought!!

Have a great time in the class that I want to take.

Rayna said...

Karen, I LOVE these and you have mounted them beautifully.

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

So beautiful, you are such a talent!

Judy Rys said...

Love the texture in this series.

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful!!!!