Monday, September 8, 2008

4th in a series


I have put the basics together on this piece and started doing the hand stitching. The large circle started out very white and it needed to be toned down with a little paint. I'm incorporating a little more of the yellow, and I am stitching a thin vertical yellow line thru each one to tie them together a little more. I will have 6 of these when I'm done, and I'm starting to think about how to put them together. I could mat and frame them each seperately which will allow you to focus on the individual pieces, or I could put all 6 together. My friend Paula suggested I use a mesh on the background so you appear to be looking thru it, but I'm concerned about stabilizing this. My other thought is mounting each one seperately on a 1" black background and then mounting the whole thing on burlap. Any ideas from the peanut gallery?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love what you are doing with this. The introduction of the yellow is brilliant!

I am not seeing burlap with this. Can you just mount all 6 on a black canvas back ground?

I do like the idea of a mesh background. That sounds really cool.

Kristin L said...

I'm not seeing these mounted together either. I like the simplicity of matching frames, or mounting them on black or natural linen canvases. This also gives you flexibility in hanging arrangements.

I look forward to seeing all the pieces together. The colors and textures you've got so far are nicely intriguing.

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

I like the burlap idea because of the texture -- how about black burlap (can you paint the burlap?) gallery wrapped around a canvas, and each piece attached to that (tacked on) -- gives you stability and the pop of the black as well.

Stunning work!