Thursday, May 29, 2008

May TIF

For this months TIF http://sharonb.wordpress.com/take-it-further-challenge/ the challange is What do you call yourself and why. I thought a long time about this and decided that for me, this did not mean to define myself, it is more about describing where I'm at artistically. This piece below was made several years ago, but it still applies to me. It says "Spinning around in circles, stuck inside the box", and by that I mean I'm still trying to break out of my old my old literal self and let the creative muse take over. I'm an analytical person, and I like to line things up, vertical and diagonal, squares - you get the idea, so I'm still a work in progress, but I know I've come a long way from the year I made this. I still have a ways to go in the learning curve, but I'm enjoying the lessons.

1 comment:

Meg in Tennessee said...

I like the piece, even if it is a few years old. Maybe you can make a piece that will move outward on the spiral as you progress outside the box. Interesting take on this months TIF.