Saturday, November 17, 2007

L.A. Fiber Artists

I belong to a group called
L.A. Fiber Artists whose purpose is to exhibit our work in a gallery setting. On Wed., Nov. 21 we are opening at the VIVA gallery in Sherman Oaks CA. and will be there for 2 weeks. I hope to see you there.
I've been working pretty much non stop for the last several months making pieces for this show and that all came to an abrupt stop today because we hang the show tomorrow. I think it will feel good not to have any pressing commitments for the next few days or weeks.
I'm starting to think about some goals for the next year and have decided I need to enter a minimum of 6 competitions. I'm a newbie at competing and am not entirely comfortable with it, but I know I have to put my work out there and I understand it can be helpful to have judges comments on my work.

My other news is that I have been invited to join California Fiber Artists (CFA) and I'm lookin g forward to exhibiting with them also. There are several venues planned for next year, to see the schedule, just go to http://www.cafiberartists.com/.

No comments: