Looking back, it seems I promised you progress reports on the making of this piece. I did remember to take pictures, but never blogged about it.
I decided to start out with a piece of commercial black fabric that I knew would discharge to orange. I made my lines with soy wax, then discharged with diluted bleach.
I like the way this looked, but wanted a little subtle color difference, so I dye painted parts of the circles and the bottom area to darken it.
After stitching and shrinking, I added a little hand stitching. These pictures were taken with my little camera, below are the truer colors
And the detail shot. This is called "On The Line", and it's 12 x12.
For more details about this wonderful fundraiser click here.