Sunday, October 19, 2014

On the Road

Ted and I are hitting the road in a few days for a two pronged vacation. First we are traveling to Churchill, Canada to see the polar bear migration.  Churchill is a small town of around 800 people on the Hudson Bay, about a thousand miles north of Winnipeg.There is a narrow window each year when the polar bears migrate through this town and we are traveling with friends to catch the action.  We are loaded onto tundra buggies (seen in the background) and driven into the wilderness to see them in their natural habitat.

We've been planning this trip for a year, and when I found out I was accepted into the World of Threads Festival, the vacation expanded to include the opening. Leading up to the festival we are spending a few days in Toronto, soaking up some art, food and craft beer.


http://www.worldofthreadsfestival.com/exhibitions_menu.htm

In my previous post I included one of the pieces I entered into QN, and here is the second.  It's called The Journey, and is related to infertility. It's 60 x 38 inches.



and here is a close up.


Coming from southern California, I'm a little thin skinned, so I probably over packed for 30 degree weather.  I know that's no big deal to those of you in the rest of the world, but I've got my long underwear, ski pants, boots, scarfs and wool hats.  I'll be the one in the photos where you only see my eyes.



No comments: