Tuesday, June 17, 2014

SAQA Auction

The SAQA Auction is coming up and I started thinking about my donation a couple of months ago.  I even started a sample piece to see if I liked it.  This piece started out white, then I dyed it turquoise, over dyed it black, and bleached out some of the black to bring the turquoise back.  Then it sat on my design wall for a very long time.  I threw some thread at it, I turned it upside down, sideways, then said forget it I'm not wasting any more time on this.



That's when the guilt set in.  Then they extended the deadline and I felt even worse.  Then my friend Paula submitted a piece, and she's the busiest artist I know. Her donation is on this page http://www.saqa.com/memberArt.php?ID=3189.



I found this piece of fabric which was a discard from a larger piece in my stash.  It already had the interesting marks, so I added the stitching and the buttons.  I ended up really liking it so off it went with about 15 minutes to spare.  It's called "Undecided"




No comments: