Saturday, April 7, 2012

Denial and Acceptance

I did not get into the Visions show this year, but had a couple of great consolation prizes.  Two of my pieces from the Body Image series are included in The Artist as Quiltmaker XV exhibit in Oberlin, Ohio.


The piece above is Jawline and below is Lynn's Spine 3, both of which measure 48 x 36.



the show runs May 13th thru July 29th.  This is the first show I've entered where they accept your pieces subject to visual inspection.  So after they notified me I was conditionally accepted, I had to send the pieces to them for final approval. I think they must have had a bad experience in the past to institute this policy.


This last piece was accepted into an invitational show by Dinner at Eight Artists and it called Meditation. The size is 24 x 60. This piece will debut at IQF in Long Beach July 26th thru 29th. Pretty good consolation.

6 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations Karen!!
Those are incredible pieces!!

xo

Kristin L said...

Nice consolations indeed. I think each one of these is a wonderful validation in itself.

Gerrie said...

Wow! That is fantastic. Way to go.

Del said...

Tres kewll! Love, Del

Françoise said...

Beautiful work Karen.
And congratulations too!

Diana Angus said...

I love all of your pieces, Karen. It is great that they were juried in to two shows. Congratulations!