Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More Dorothy

Tomorrows the last day and we are winding down. It's always surprising to me how tired I am each evening, I don't feel liked I've worked terribly hard, but I think the mental stimulation is exhausting. I'll leave you with some images.





These are some little books we made.





This is an AIDS quilt from India, made by a women's co-op. Those orange things around the edge are condoms.





This is a piece I started using the Kantha stitching. I'm starting to do some research on fetal ultrasounds, this one being my daughter Stephanie's baby at 16 weeks.





This strange thing was started in Bob Adams class with discharge screen printing using Thiox, then in this class, I put soy wax on the black areas and discharged the rest in bleach.
After a week of Margaret's wonderful cooking, I'm not looking forward to grocery shopping and laundry when I get home.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

After an exhilarating, stimulating week at the Crow Barn with Margaret's cooking, I know exactly how you feel!

Judy said...

Oh, I love that last piece that you're working on! And what a great idea to use fetal ultrasounds!

xo

Terry Jarrard-Dimond said...

Wish you had stayed over! The mark making class looks super.