Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chaos Removed

The Dec/Jan issue of Quilting Arts Magazine had a lot of ideas I wanted to try and one that really peaked my interest was Out of the Dustbin Quilts by Annette Morgan. In this article she explained how she took an old quilt that she didn't like and manipulated it by painting it, cutting it up and reassembling it in a different way. Strangely enough, I happened to have a piece I didn't like (yeah, right, like I don't have a lot of those!) from a project I'd done years ago, so I decided to try it and the below piece is what I ended up with.


Chaos Removed


I thought about embellishing it by painting in some detail around the stitching, but I think I like it just like this.

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Looks great, what did it look like before?

Donna said...

I looked at that technique too, haven't braved it yet, but I'll be interested to see you progress through it....

Françoise said...

Ooh, it's nice! Can't we have a closer look at it?